I had been hoping that the two American journalists could be forgiven for their trespasses and allowed to return home to their worried families.
Then I read the news that they were sentenced to 12 years. It made me very angry. It bothers me when people can't be reasonable, and from everything I've read, it seems that the leaders in North Korea are tricky to reason with. I can only hope that the next leader there sees the benefits of everyone getting along.
It got me thinking about how I'm glad I'm not a politician--someone who has to make the big decisions. I'm glad that the decisions I make have little chance of being earth-shattering.
My decision to sneak a picture of the new Korean food stand at Yonge & Eglinton won't have a huge ripple effect. I just thought it was neat that people can now get things other than hot dogs at a stand on the street. I like that I live in a country where I can voice my opinions. I can be an educated female. I can marry whomever I choose. I can go to church if I want to. I can even have a blog.
I had no idea my 3rd post would end up being a pseudo-rant, but if nothing else, it makes me curious to see what all is going to come out of my head as time goes on.
Brain dump complete.
0 comments:
Post a Comment