Every time I go back to visit the Yonge & Eglinton area I'm amazed at the progress of the condos there. They keep springing up.
Back in the early dating days James & I would visit condo sales offices and drool over everything from dens to amenities. We tried not to waste the salesperson's time due to the fact that we knew any extra money would be going to a wedding before going to a condo. Didn't stop the dreams, though.
Our favourite development was the Minto Midtown at the Y & E intersection.
When a garbage truck fell into a sink-hole behind the development, we couldn't rest until we'd investigated it for ourselves and took a few sneaky pictures. That was in 2006. We wondered if the hole would hinder the condo development. Now it's 2009 and as you can see by the picture of the north tower I snapped about a week ago, the finished product is huge.
Someone should do a documentary of the lives of the various residents. This building alone would represent a great collection - the poorest bunch on the first floors all the way up to the m
Considering we may both be going back to school for a couple years, it may be a while until we have a legitimate reason to bother the condo salespeople.
By that time we may have converted to townhouses.
1 comments:
I forgot all about the garbage truck falling into that sink hole incident, good times.
Post a Comment