I've got the fan on high alert for today's entry.
The apartment is just starting to cool down after a hot-in-the-city type day. I'm glad the weather was more gentle on the weekend - the room James & I crashed in didn't even have windows that could open.
At least this hot weather has allowed us to break our flannel sheet addiction.
For now.
Anyway, on Saturday we did the 3 hour drive up to my parents' place in order to do the Father's Day thing.
Father's day is a bit different for the Miller tribe. Because my parents have a store in the country that sells ice cream on the cheap, people are always there and it's almost impossible to have a real visit. James and I end up sitting around with my brother while my sister and mother decide they want to spend the entire day baking (enough for 100 people when
I'm not sure why they can't shut the store down for an afternoon and do as their neighbours do - find a lawn-chair, a refreshing beverage, and a cozy spot on the back porch. Especially since we only get together on holidays due to the long trip.
Unfortunately, that's the way it goes and before we know it, it's Sunday night and it's time to drive the 3 hours back to Toronto.
As you can see in the picture, handsome James made himself busy by finding a BBQ hidden among some rubble in the backyard and cooking our Sunday dinner. He was even kind enough to humour dad and shut down the BBQ using the exploding-BBQ method that dad endorses, as opposed to the I-really-don't-want-the-BBQ-to-explode method recommended by BBQ manufacturers.
Luckily, as has happened with every Father's day, we all survived.
P.S. Speaking of lucky, Sushi was lucky we didn't stay an extra day. She managed to shut herself in a bedroom while we were gone. We know we didn't shut her in there by mistake since she tossed around some recycling and left some poop in the hallway before she shut the door on herself.
We've never had such a friendly reception from her.
0 comments:
Post a Comment