Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cat vs. Roomba

A couple days ago when I was watching the Roomba, I could hear plaintive squeals coming from the side brush. It eventually stopped turning.
After inspecting the underbelly, I could see that Sushi's shedding had managed to strangle the brush.
Score one for the cat.
Ever since I got my darling robot for Christmas, my cat has had a love-hate relationship with it. Her first response was to try to sniff its butt and follow it everywhere.
6 months later she's still pretty wound up when I set the Roomba loose. She'll jump over it at 100mph and bounce off a few walls to show it who the real boss is.
Today the Roomba had emergency surgery to save the various parts. My medical tools were from a pedicure kit I'd also gotten for Christmas. I never knew it would come in so handy. Using the tweezers, mini-scissors and some sort of claw-like device, I was able to remove the majority of the hair from the side brush and the front wheel.
Luckily for the Roomba, Sushi has pretty much finished her winter shedding. Now if I could only get her to ride around on it like the cats do on You Tube.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jv8g1YVI
That would be cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment