Monday, August 31, 2009

The Cookie Diet: Day 3


Day 3 of the Cookie Diet and the most noticeable thing has been a feeling of weakness.
I had to bump up my dinner a couple hours because my energy had bottomed out. Keep in mind, I didn't have any caffeine to help me stay perky. After dinner I had a tea with sugar twin and a bit of skim milk. That seemed to keep the fatigue at bay for awhile.
I can't imagine anyone trying to maintain a very active life while on this diet. I'm not doing much this week, so I thought it would be a good time to do this experiment.

I'm totally used to the taste of the cookies now. The cat still keeps trying to eat my cookies so I can't leave them unattended!

Once again I could have used another cookie. My dinner was pretty low calorie, so I felt justified in having a small banana after the last of my cookies had gone.
Did I get hungry during the day? Yep. That being said, I wasn't doing it right. I kept nibbling on the cookies over an extended period of time. The actual instructions say you're supposed to eat a whole cookie, drink a glass of water, then wait 15 minutes. If I'm still hungry, then I'm to eat another cookie. If I'm still hungry, then I'm supposed to eat a 3rd cookie. Tomorrow I will try the whole cookie approach. I'm not enjoying being hungry.

Cheats of the day: Just under 2 cups of milk, that banana I mentioned, and a small glass of orange juice with dinner.

In summary I just want to say that it's pretty tricky keeping it to 1000 calories a day like the diet recommends. Just by adding 2 cups of milk and a glass of orange juice it put me right over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment