On Tuesday we had the great honour of being invited over to Chris and Anna's place. I love those two. They weren't afraid to challenge me on things like my lack of cooking skills (my record of a chocolate pop tart for breakfast every day for 2 years failed to impress them), and my reluctance to go pro in the photography department. Some day I'd like to go to school for photography, but that can't happen until Karen is suddenly richer.
Upon arrival at their lovely abode, I had the thrill of meeting someone who wanted to be my new best friend. Skippy took to me like I take to chocolate pop tarts. I'm a total cat person, but after hanging out with Skippy for a couple hours, for days I couldn't look at my cat the same. There's just something about being able to converse with cool people while having a very happy dog sit on your lap.
Their cat didn't really want anything to do with us, but we certainly enjoyed hearing stories of how she would hang off Anna's butt while she tried to talk on the phone. Oh, to get a picture of that.
It's such a treat when we get to hang out with other married couples. We're still learning as we go along, so it's interesting to see how other spouses interact.
Tied in with this visit was a bonus visit to see the Dredges. Love, love, love them. I hadn't had the chance to meet baby Simeon yet, so I was glad they let me chase him around with my camera.
We got a tour of the house they just bought. It made me think about how out of touch I feel not owning a place of my own. Oh well, maybe someday!
The next day I had a Canada Day dinner with my sister and her friend Sarah M. Sarah is such a great person, she even sent me home with a bag of her own homemade Turtles. As tasty as they are, if you photograph them up close, they look like an alien planet. Click on the picture and see for yourself!
The next visit happened after checking out the movie Up. For a movie with that title, it certainly had its depressing moments. It was a good movie, but I heard way too much hype before seeing it. I think the crying babies in the audience didn't help much.
Anyway, after the movie we joined Eugene and his Aussie cousin back at his parents' place. She was going to leave for the airport at 4am, so we kept them company for awhile to keep them awake.
One thing I should mention - if there's a chance you might spontaneously visit a place where you'll need to take your shoes off, don't wear high boots to cover up the fact that you didn't get around to shaving your legs or drying your jeans in time! Luckily James was around to bluntly explain my distress to our hosts. They let me keep my boots on. Perhaps I shouldn't get hung up on things like that.
Side note - I tried Nair again for the first time in about 20 years! They've come a long way in making it smell less deadly. My biggest challenge was keeping the cat away from my leg when I was testing it. Bad time to be friendly!
That's my blurb about visiting friends. Friends are nice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment